Thank you for agreeing to serve on the Governor's Restore Louisiana Task Force, which is charged with establishing short and long-term priorities in developing plans for recovery and redevelopment throughout the state of Louisiana as a result of the March and August flooding events. Our first meeting of the task force will be held on Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., in House Committee Room 5 at the Louisiana State Capitol. Please let us know if you are able to attend by responding to Lori Dupont, copied here, at Lori.Dupont@la.gov. I have attached the following documents for your review and records in preparation for our first meeting:
- Executive Order JBE No. 16-65 creating the Restore Louisiana Task Force;
- A letter from Governor Edwards to President Obama dated August 23, 2016;
- A letter from Governor Edwards to President Obama dated September 12, 2016;
- A letter from the Executive Office of the President, Office of Management & Budget, to House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers; and
- A flood briefing document prepared for our visits with members of Congress.
We would like to engage the members of the task force as early as this week in our meetings with HUD, FEMA, and GOHSEP this Friday, September 23rd. Please let us know if you would like to join us for these meetings this week.
Restore Louisiana Task Force Membership
- Adam Knapp, President & CEO, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Jacqui Vines, Retired Executive, Cox Communications
- Don Pierson, Secretary, Louisiana Economic Development
- Michael Olivier, CEO, Committee of 100 for Economic Development, Inc.
- Sean Reilly, CEO, Lamar Advertising
- Michael Faulk, Superintendent, Central Community School System
- Ollie Tyler, Mayor, City of Shreveport
- Johnny Bradberry, Executive Assistant to the Governor for Coastal Affairs, Coastal Protection & Restoration Authority Board Chairman
- Dr. Shawn Wilson, Secretary, Department of Transportation & Development
- Dr. James A. Richardson, State Economist
- Raymond Jetson, Board Member, Baton Rouge Area Foundation, President & CEO, MetroMorphosis
- Ronnie Harris, Executive Director, Louisiana Municipal Association
- Roland Dartez, Executive Director, Louisiana Police Jury Association
- Jimmy Durbin, Former Mayor, City of Denham Springs
- Joel Robideaux, Mayor-President, Lafayette Parish
- Dave Norris, Mayor, City of West Monroe
- Mike Strain, Commissioner, Department of Agriculture & Forestry
- Edward "Ted" James, State Representative, District 101
- Dan W. "Blade" Morrish, State Senator, District 25
- J. Rogers Pope, State Representative, District 71
- Robert E. Shadoin, State Representative, District 12
- Suzie Elkins, Consultant
Restore Louisiana Task Force Staff Support
- Erin Monroe Wesley, Special Counsel, Office of the Governor
- Pat Forbes, Executive Director, Office of Community Development
- Rowdy Gaudet, Chief of Staff, Office of Community Development
- Lori Dupont, Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Office of Community Development
Additional staffers to be identified.
We look forward to working with each of you in our state's recovery efforts.
Erin Monroe Wesley
Special Counsel (Policy Director/Legislative Affairs)
FAQ Research based learning
"Providing resource supported answers."
SBA Login, Forgot your User ID or Password? SBA Account password expired? How to fix login issues with GLS SBA.
IV.E. Reassess Unmet Need When Necessary. June 20, 2019 HUD Guidance for Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR programs.
I was denied for EIDL SBA loan and was notified by an email. The reason stated was "Not eligible due to character reasons". I have 90 days to request for reconsideration, what should I submit and what is the effective way to dispute it?
Renter's or Homeowner's Declaration required by the CDC to prevent evictions before Dec. 31, 2020 or if extended the new date.
HUD CDBG-DR Grant Denied?
Did your state inform you that you qualify for federal assistance only to later deny you assistance based on state created policy or procedure? Is your home listed as being in one of the most impacted areas? Do you have proof your state accepted you into the federally funded HUD CDBG-DR grant program? Contact us about your experience.
- Sat. Apr. 24, 2021