Louisiana Water System Grades
Restore Louisiana Task Force
The Restore Louisiana Task Force is charged with overseeing the state’s recovery efforts from flood events this year.
The Restore Louisiana Task Force has the following responsibilities:
- The task force shall establish and recommend to state and local agencies both short and long-term priorities in developing plans for recovery and redevelopment. These priorities and plans shall focus on the following areas: housing and redevelopment; economic and workforce development; education, infrastructure and transportation; healthcare; fiscal stability; family services; and agriculture.
- In coordination with the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP), the Office of Community Development and the affected parishes and municipalities, the task force shall assist in developing data about the ongoing individual, business and public infrastructure needs for recovery.
- The task force shall work in coordination with state and local governments and the federal delegation to assist in identifying additional sources of federal funding, such as Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery funds.
- The task force shall establish a federal and state legislative agenda for the recovery and redevelopment effort and for coordinating between levels and branches of government to implement that agenda.
- The task force shall, in conjunction with parish and local governments, set priorities and offer direction to GOHSEP related to the use of funds made available through the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act and any additional available federal funds.