VERBAL COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC MEETINGS ARE COPIED BELOW. THESE COMMENTS WERE ADDRESSED BY OCD-DRU STAFF DURING THE PUBLIC MEETINGS.
TO: Lauren Nichols, State of Louisiana OCD-DRU
FROM: Seth Magden, GCR Inc.
SUBJECT: Action Plan Amendment No. 1 Public Meeting Comments
DATE: February 16, 2017
OCD-DRU staff attended the four public meetings for Action Plan Amendment No. 1. in Lafayette Parish (Youngsville), East Baton Rouge Parish, Lincoln Parish (Ruston), and Washington Parish (Franklinton), and has complied the below summary of the public comments captured at the meetings.
1. General questions / comments about RLHP:
- Is there a location that applicants can go sign up for information? Will the state coordinate with FEMA to contact those applicants who already applied to FEMA
- How will an applicant know if you are eligible?
- We need our delegation to understand that we are being forced to make a decision between having food, medicine or flood insurance.
- Will there be a process in place to help people who are elderly and disabled, who don't have the mental capacity to understand?
- If a homeowner had granite countertops, will they be replaced with granite?
- My husband is a technology consultant from home, and he lost all his computers at home – would that be covered by this program?
- If someone hasn't been able to pursue assistance due to illness, and they haven't been able to get help, and haven't done any repairs, will they be eligible for this program?
- What is the timeline for assessment, disbursement, and implementation and who is going to be the program manager?
- Will Native American folks be prioritized?
- Were people on the task force impacted personally by this flood?
- Is LA-OCD-DRU going to handle all grant dollars?
- Are there medical services being provided for counseling?
- Has there been any collaboration between federal, state and lending institutions, and how we can look at refinancing as a tool to help folks in recovery?
- Will there be other public comment meetings?
- At the end of the rehab, must the home must be fully completed or just safe, secure and livable?
- Am I eligible for this if I am on a fixed income? I am below $8K a year.
FAQ Research based learning
"Providing resource supported answers."
Restore Louisiana Town Hall Meeting Monday 8-5-2019 Public Questions Jones Creek Regional Branch Library 6222 Jones Creek Road, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70817
Questions and comments about homeowner program solutions RLHP Action Plan Amendment No. 1 Public Meeting Comments
Questions and comments about reimbursement program RLHP Action Plan Amendment No. 1 Public Meeting Comments
We have completed our Geotechnical soil analysis and have 3D home design plans completed. Now we need...
HUD CDBG-DR Grant Denied?
Did your state inform you that you qualify for federal assistance only to later deny you assistance based on state created policy or procedure? Is your home listed as being in one of the most impacted areas? Do you have proof your state accepted you into the federally funded HUD CDBG-DR grant program? Contact us about your experience.
- Sat. Apr. 24, 2021