Let's first start off with some resources to bring you up to speed.
Then, in a article we'll share what one homeowner is doing in the southern state of Louisiana to fight against rusty ducts, dirt, moisture in the air and just plan cool sticky inside the home. Enough, we're not from the stone age, let's work the science of building.
Resources to read:
- BSD-102: Understanding Attic Ventilation by Joseph Lstiburek Oct. 26, 2006
- Info-015: Top Ten Dumb Things To Do In the South by Joseph Lstiburek Feb. 5, 2009
- Attic Ventilation Florida Homes Parker FSEC-CR-1496-05 linked from Inspectapedia.com
- Minimizing Water Intrusion Through Roof Vents in High-Wind Regions FEMA publication
- Roof & Attic Water Intrusion Division of Emergency Management Bureau of Mitigation Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2100
- 2015 International Residential Code