Cost Analysis for Elevated New Construction Homes.
Overview: As part of the Restore Louisiana Homeowners Assistance Program, IEM was tasked to provide a cost analysis for elevated new construction homes within the program. The cost analysis is intended to provide a realistic expectation of the additional costs that can be expected when constructing a foundation capable of elevating a home 3 feet or greater above existing ground.
Design Assumptions: While various constructions methods and designs may be considered, it is necessary to develop the cost analysis around similar floorplan layouts. This approach allows for the analysis to illustrate on how the total cost of construction efforts may vary depending upon floorplan size without being skewed with other design details. The following assumptions were considered:
- Single story home with a pier and beam foundation.
- Light Weight Timber Frame construction.
- Floor system elements are included in the previously determined construction cost of the home.
- Site work and Clean-up is included in the previously determined construction cost of the home.
- Required Pile length of 35' per pile (poor soil conditions)
2' wide x 1' deep concrete grade beam cast-in-place at grade to laterally support piles and, if necessary, vertically support CMU piers.
- Two means of egress (stairs) per home.
All connections between foundation elements are included in the unit price.
- All labor, equipment, and materials are included in the unit price.
- 30' wide foundation plan with varying lengths to accommodate the program determined floorplan sizes.
Construction methods based on IRC 2015 or newer.
- Engineering costs include designed drawings, acquisition of all relevant geotechnical information, any necessary site visits for compliance inspection, and any required final as-built drawings.
2100 sf plan with 6 Foot Elevation:
|Timber Pilings||2100 /sf||$24.00||945||LF||$22,680|
|4 " Concrete Under Building||2100 /sf||$4.00||2100||SF||$8,400|
|Elevation Certificate||2100 /sf||$1,200||1||LS||$1,200|
|As Builts||2100 /sf||$1,500||1||LS||$1,500|
|Stairs / Landings||2100 /sf||$5,000||1||$5,000|
|Façade Up Charge for Elevation||2100 /sf||$0.77||2100||$1,623.93|
|Price Per SQ FT||$27.41|
FAQ Research based learning
"Providing resource supported answers."
SBA Login, Forgot your User ID or Password? SBA Account password expired? How to fix login issues with GLS SBA.
IV.E. Reassess Unmet Need When Necessary. June 20, 2019 HUD Guidance for Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR programs.
I was denied for EIDL SBA loan and was notified by an email. The reason stated was "Not eligible due to character reasons". I have 90 days to request for reconsideration, what should I submit and what is the effective way to dispute it?
Renter's or Homeowner's Declaration required by the CDC to prevent evictions before Dec. 31, 2020 or if extended the new date.
We need to recover as much as possible the R22 refrigerant in our 5 ton home AC unit. It does not have...
HUD CDBG-DR Grant Denied?
Did your state inform you that you qualify for federal assistance only to later deny you assistance based on state created policy or procedure? Is your home listed as being in one of the most impacted areas? Do you have proof your state accepted you into the federally funded HUD CDBG-DR grant program? Contact us about your experience.
- Sat. Apr. 24, 2021