Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) for Independent Contractors, Self-Employed and others is coming to an end but don't stop filing if you are unemployed.

FAQ#: 260 published 8-11-2021

Independent contractors who were eligible for Unemployment Assistance and received the additional Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) should still file unemployment if you are not working or if you cannot provide 100% of your services. 

State unemployment offices should have notified you that you can and should continue to file. You will qualify for the state unemployment. How much will depend on your tax forms that you were instructed to send to your state unemployment agency. 

You can start back working and declare income each week but if its not what you typically make keep filing to show you are not back to normal operations and income. If you drop below the minimum threshold your state provides you would then receive UI compensation which could be the difference of having food and fuel for your household. 

If you haven't filed since the date you were told your PUA would end you can back file. Its up to your state to determine if they are going to pay you UI benefits. 

Example: In Louisiana Independent Contractors now have to use the job search and send a resume to at least 3 companies each week. The state then will provide between $107 and $247 weekly under the UI benefits program. You will also keep the states reporting of percentage of unemployed accurate. Our government agencies have a method that once you stop filing for unemployment you are considered working. There is no other method of counting your employment status if you do not file with your state even when you have a reduction in pay.

Comment | Suggestion | Feedback

Does the Restore Louisiana OCD-DRU HUD Grant program offer a Scheduled Draw payment?

FAQ#: 451 published 5-14-2022 1 min. 32 seconds read


Secured Federal USDA Single Family Housing Repair Loans up to $40,000 for 20 years at 1 percent interest and Grants of up to $10,000.

FAQ#: 453 published 4-19-2022 1 min. 50 seconds read


How to help homeowners with their construction projects without requiring a license in Louisiana ยง309. Construction Management [Formerly ยง119]

FAQ#: 456 published 4-19-2022 3 min. 35 seconds read


What does disaster Unmet needs mean?

FAQ#: 457 published 4-18-2022 1 min. 25 seconds read


SBA Reconsideration Loan: My home was hit by Hurricane Sally I am in need of an SBA loan to repair my home. Please reconsider my denied application.

FAQ#: 459 published 4-18-2022 2 min. 44 seconds read


How to calculate your Wind, Snow, Tornado and Seismic risk assessment and apply that information to better home building.

FAQ#: 458 published 3-5-2022 2 min. 31 seconds read


How do I know if my mortgage is federally backed or federally secured? COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program Appeals Process.

FAQ#: 460 published 1-13-2022 2 min. 50 seconds read


Reconsideration of Declined Loan Applications SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)

FAQ#: 235 published 4-23-2020 updated 1-4-2022 4 min. 48 seconds read


Reconsideration of Declined EIDL add Personal Financial Statement Disaster Programs SBA Form 413D (03-18) to your document list.

FAQ#: 403 published 8-6-2020 updated 12-31-2021 1 min. 54 seconds read


FEMA Resource for Substantially damaged homes

FAQ#: 384 published 4-25-2021 updated 12-31-2021 1 min. 27 seconds read