Comment | Suggestion | Feedback
SUBJECT: Rental assistance available for those in hardship due to COVID-19
The Louisiana Workforce Commission wanted to pass along this important information on available rental assistance to all unemployment claimants:
Are you struggling to pay rent due to financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic? If so, you may be eligible for financial assistance to help pay your rent and utilities. Millions of dollars in assistance have already been paid. Don't wait until the eviction moratorium ends -- apply today!
HOW TO APPLY
The State of Louisiana is administering the rental assistance program in 57 parishes. Information on how to apply can be found at www.LAStateRent.comor by phone at 877-459-6555, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you live in Caddo, Calcasieu, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Lafayette, Orleans, or St. Tammany parish, click the link next to the name of your parish below to be directed to the program being administered in your parish.
- Caddo: caddo.covidrenthelp.org
- Calcasieu: www.calcasieuparish.gov/services/human-services/human-services-programs/emergency-rental-assistance-era-program
- East Baton Rouge: www.ebremergencysolutions.com
- Jefferson: www.jpera.org
- Lafayette: www.smilecaa.org/programs/lafayette-emergency-assistance-program
- Orleans: https://ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/assistance/#legal
- St. Tammany: www.stpgov.org/departments/grants
WHO CAN APPLY?
Tenants who meet the following requirements may be eligible for assistance and should apply today:
- Tenant resides in a rental unit.
- At least one individual in the household qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to COVID-19.
- Tenant has received a past-due rent notice, past-due utility notice, or an eviction notice or is experiencing housing instability.
Landlords may also apply.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE?
The state-administered program focuses on paying past-due rent dating back to April 2020 and up to three months of future rent for eligible applicants.
Visit www.LAStateRent.comor call 877-459-6555 to learn more.
This program has already helped so many in Louisiana, and we want to make sure you know that this assistance is available for those who qualify.