Deconstruction, is taking the house apart without damaging the components of the house. Only the slab foundation will...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
When I was asked by another homeowner what our foundation dirt people did it wasnt just an easy answer. It involved research, testing, study and finding the person that could understand it all the first time.
Part 3: How to advocate for your Forced Mortgage Payoff by teaming up with others to make a stronger voice.Writers Pool
Part 3 is about finding others with the same issue, even the same policy makers. Once you team up you will find your voices are stronger together. Your state will be working against you individually. Team up with others and present a stronger case.
The Department HUD is partially approving the State of Louisianas Action Plan Amendment APA 12 for Community Development Block Grant disaster recovery CDBG-DR funds appropriated under Public Laws 114-223, 114-254 and 1 15-31.
Who do you use for your Lumber Yards and Lumber Suppliers
In Part 1 your task was to bring the issue up with state and contractor legal departments. Typically they will take their time and will not reply to you. Your next step is to report their mismanagement to HUD OIG. Get on the routine agenda audits.
When your home was demolished after being condemned by the state and the state refuses to allow you a waiver from DOB and your bank servicer used your homes insurance to pay off the remaining balance of your home you find you have no resources to repair.
FEMA to SBA Disaster Loan team. Is it better to apply directly to SBA lenders for long term recovery money?Murray W.
When you learn the sequence of disaster assistance youll see it goes from FEMA to the SBA for loans. No one tells you about the long term assistance your state is working on just days after your declared disaster. HUD CDBG-DR Funds an option to a loan.
Following the money that the state of Louisiana spends is very difficult since the state seems not to announce new contracts in the HUD official website. You must check often to see if any new contracts have been added to the states OCD-DRU website.
Governor Edwards Disaster Team communications people are publishing a very different and mostly inaccurate account of the SBA repayment program following the June 20, 2019 Guidance published by HUD.
Restore Louisiana Homeowners Assistance Program has updated their math to include all calculations for your HUD CDBG-DR Grants when an SBA Loan is in the mix. You might like knowing the states math now matches the disaster victims math.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA