The Brookmont 1,421 SqFt cost estimate for Reconstruction Solution 1
Information is provided without warranty.
Update for 2023: The Restore Louisiana program has eliminated the specific plans that were the sole options following the 2016 floods.
According to the Restore Louisiana Homeowners Guide published this year, pricing tables for program solutions indicate a uniform rate of $157.25 per square foot for reconstruction. This represents an increase from $108 in 2020, $118 in 2021, to the current rate of $157.25. The state of Louisiana has informally stated that these prices are not retroactive, in contrast to the 2016 flood, which retroactively applied the $108 rate to those originally offered $78 per square foot.
Unfortunately, the build and design plans are not publicly accessible. Therefore, I kindly request anyone with a Solution 1 Reconstruction grant to share a copy of their basic design plans. Please ask your program manager for a PDF copy and ensure you retain these plans as part of your documentation process.
Furthermore, it is highly advisable to document the progress of your build on a weekly basis, particularly before materials are concealed by insulation or drywall. This precautionary measure allows you to promptly identify any structural defects in materials or workmanship, should you need to file a warranty claim. Remember to date stamp your photos and thoroughly document any issues. You may also want to have home inspectors review these concerns and share their findings with me and others for review.
Best of luck, and please continue capturing images of your builds. Thank you for your willingness to share. If you're open to sharing your design plans and photos, please utilize the contact form provided below this article. I will promptly respond with an email address.
Homeowners in the Louisiana Restore Homeowners Program have made inquires to prices, size, styles of homes. The information on this page is based on official state policy published at the time of writing. Any changes to policy is the homeowners responsibility to research prior to executing any grant agreement with the state of Louisiana.
- Pricing is estimated based on current policy numbers of $108/sf for labor and material with 20% overhead and profit.
- Listed is Solution 1 home style estimates
- Home is not actual design of home they will build. It appears based on the random selection of contractor provided by the program you will need to discuss the type and size of home with your Solution 1 builder. This page is only offering an estimate if the sqft were to match this home of what you are allowed and listed in your grant award.
- Registered Sub-Contractors working with Innovative Emergency Management Inc (IEM Inc.) North Carolina and shown in the states contract.
- CORE Construction
- Roy Anderson Corp.
- Dynamic Construction Group
- Design &; Build Consultants
- TKTMJ Inc.
- Your grant award must show Reconstruction and be converted before any hiring or work is started.
- All Insurance, ICC, NFIP, SBA, FEMA duplication of benefits creates Homeowners Responsibility on your part. I have only offered you calculations based on elevation that may change your additional costs. But as of this date showed in as page update the costs are still valid for grant awards.
*Note: Floor plan and home are only examples, builders will provide you with specific plans they have available in the selected square footage.
Variable: Demolish and removal of old home: $10.00 square foot estimated
Variable: Elevation cost $60.00 per square foot is an estimate.
Variable: Elevation height: 2' to 5' (included into $108 price for pier and beam)
Fixed: Grant allowance $108.00 per square foot for construction.
Fixed: 20% Contractor overhead and profit calculated separately.
Estimate: 1,421 square foot pre-flood home replaced with 1,421 square foot home post-flood.
- Grant / Cost allowance $153,468
- Demolish / Removal 1,421 sqft home, cost: $10.00 = $14,210 (included in allowance)
- -$10.00 per square foot from reconstruction cost $108/sf.
- Elevation 6' full pour or strap foundation with 4' column to beam 11.25" to joist 11.25" to sub-floor 3/4"
- First 3 feet from strap footer or bottom of monolithic slab. Included in $108 /sf.
- Middle 0 foot column elevation costs calculated by Table 1 Elevation. Applies when elevation is over 3 feet or 2 feet above grade. Multiply sqft of home by allocated amount from Table 1 Elevation.
- Last 2 feet beam, joist, sub-floor. Included in $108/sf
- Running total of allowance / cost = $153,468 + $0 = $153,468
- Calculation of old home size and grant award: $108 * 1,421 = $153,468
- Total new construction with elevation: $153,468
- Homeowners Responsibility: $153,468 - ($153,468 + $0) = $0.00
|Elevation ||850/sf ||1100/sf ||1300/sf ||1400/sf ||1700/sf ||2100/sf || |
|6' ||$36.63 ||$33.90 ||$32.81 ||$33.27 ||$30.87 ||$28.35 || |
|9' ||$40.73 ||$37.62 ||$36.42 ||$36.95 ||$34.28 ||$31.47 || |
Resources and Links
You will have one of the following residential licensed in the state of Louisiana contractors sub-contracting your new home construction if you select solution 1 from the Restore LA Homeowners Assistance Program. Prices are from Homeowners Manual version 4.1 and approved by contract management company IEM Inc. of North Carolina for the State of Louisiana Office of Community Development - Disaster Recovery Unit and the HUD CDBG-DR program. Find the official pricing policy linked here for the Restore Louisiana Homeowners Assistance program.
- State Program Agency: OCD-DRU Louisiana aka Restore LA Homeowners Program (RLHP)
- IEM Inc. Management Contractor for OCD-DRU
- Sub-Contractors List working for IEM Inc. Reconstruction, Remodel, Repair services for Solution 1 homeowners.
- CORE Construction
- Roy Anderson Corp. (Subs)
- Dynamic Construction Group. (Subs)
- Design &; Build Consultants
- TKTMJ Inc.
- Many contractors sub-contracts out to home builders. We are preparing a list of Contractors that are not involved in the actual building so if you are using Solution 2 Managed you will be able to contact the actual builder to remove the middleman and award the full Overhead and Profit to the Home Builder.
Restore LA Homeowners Program Solution 1 homes linked.
- The Live Oak 2,102sqft $227,016
- The Magnolia 2,100sqft $227,800
- The Willow 1,702sqft $183,816
- The Pelican 1,680sqft $181,440
- The Dogwood 1,500sqft $162,000
- The Brookmont 1,421sqft $153,468
- The Lilly 1,297sqft $140,076
- The Cypress 1,260sqft $136,080
- The Rose 1,074sqft $115,992
- The Daisy 856sqft $92,448