Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 , 2019 , 2020 a Homeowners and Business owners Perspective
Public Law No: 116-xxx
Linking only bills that have been signed into law. In the articles section I'll place proposed bills that have passed in either the House or Senate.
Public Law No: 115-254
Signed into law October 3, 2018.
(Link to download PDF of Bill H.R. 302)
(Link to download PDF final signed into law H.R. 302)
Points of interest prior to the signing.
- The Disaster Recovery Reform Act (H.R. 4460)
- The Disaster Assistance Fairness and Accountability Act of 2017 (H.R. 3176) To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act concerning the statute of limitations for actions to recover disaster or emergency assistance payments (H.R. 1678)
- The Disaster Support for Communities and Homeowners Act (H.R. 1684)
- The Community Empowerment for Mitigated Properties Act of 2017 (H.R. 1735)
- To ensure that Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency considers severe local impact in making a recommendation to the President for a major disaster declaration (H.R. 1665)
- The Pacific Northwest Earthquake Preparedness Act of 2017 (H.R. 654)
- The SMART Rebuilding Act (H.R. 4455)
- Placing greater federal, state, and local emphasis on mitigation will:
- Save lives
- Minimize damage to property
- Reduce disaster costs
- Help people recover more quickly and
- Save taxpayers money.