SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan ( EIDL ) COVID19 Relief FAQs
- Why wasn't I approved?
- Unsatisfactory credit history
- Business activity is not eligible. EIDL assistance is available only to a small business engaged in an eligible business activity. Business activity means the nature of the business conducted by the applicant
- Not eligible due to delinquent child support payments
- Economic injury is not substantiated -Agricultural enterprises are not eligible
- Not eligible due to character reasons
- Unverifiable Information
- Applicant requests a withdrawal or fails to proceed
- I have already submitted my application. What happens now that all the money is gone?
- Applicants who have already submitted their applications will continue to be processed on a first come, first-served basis. The EIDL loan application portal will be re-opened once funding is restored.
- Who approves my application?
- SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance
- How do I check the status of my application?
- Call 800- 659-2955 or
- Email email@example.com
- Will the program receive additional funds?
- Congress will make this decision.
- Can I request the Advance after I submit my application?
- No, a new application must be submitted
- How long does it take for me to get the money?
- The EIDL Loan process takes a minimum of 21 days to complete. However, the completed timeframe is on a case by case basis.
- Do I need to reapply for the EIDL Advance?
- If your application confirmation number begins with a “3” you do not need to reapply. Otherwise, complete the streamlined loan application at: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
The loan portal will be reopened when funding is restored.
- Can an applicant accept only the EIDL Advance and not the EIDL?
- Yes. A small business can apply for an EIDL loan and later elect not to “close” or accept that loan. If they requested and received an EIDL Advance (by checking the request box within the EIDL loan application), that amount does not need to be repaid. There would only be a balance due if they accepted the full amount of the EIDL loan.
- How do I apply for disaster assistance?
- If you are interested in applying for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan or EIDL Advance, visit https://covid19relief.sba.gov/ Apply online and check the box when prompted if you are requesting an Advance. Save your confirmation number. For Disaster loan questions, call 1-800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional questions?
- Call 800- 659-2955 or email email@example.com
If you were declined a Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and disagree with the decision from the SBA you should request reconsideration by follow the steps below.
- Mail your request to the address at the top of the decline letter or
- Fax your request to: 202-481-5931 or
- E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request must:
- Be in writing and be received as soon as possible (but no later than the DATE THAT IS 3 MONTHS FROM DATE OF APPLICATION DECISION DATE).
- Contain all significant information that will address the decline/withdrawal reason(s).
Additional Topics and Links: