- Editor / Mentor
CDBG-MIT Action Plans submitted in response to the Further Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements, 2018 Division B, Subdivision 1 of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018, P.L. 115-123 for 2015, 2016, and 2017 Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) grantees that received CDBG-MIT funds.
Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funds to grantees recovering from qualifying disasters.
Starting Jan. 2020 with $1.7 billion going to the same state workers that manager your standard disaster recovery processes.
Louisiana is the first in line then TX, FL, PR, NC, SC, for taxpayer dollars to fund mitigation programs aimed to assist the areas impacted by disasters in the years 2016 and 2017.
We are seeing in Louisiana money promised to areas not impacted and services that do not protect the people impacted by the disasters.
We will be starting a watchdog group for Louisiana and offering online services to other states.
If you are interested in becoming your states watchdog for CDBG-MIT grants feel free to reach out to us.
HUD Helping Your Community Recover After Disaster Video
This video uses illustrations to describe how HUD helps communities recover after a disaster.
- HUD CDBG-DR Grant Calculator
The 100% UNOFFICIAL HUD CDBG-DR Grant calculator. Technically it's not unofficial because HUD doesn't offer any type of CDBG-DR Grant Calculator for disaster victims. So it's officially the only online CDBG-DR Grant calculator designed to be used by CDBG-DR Grant recipients.
- If you are from any state other than Louisiana please email me a copy of your grant and send your states homeowners policy so I can add any variables your state may have added to their internal calculations. Thanks.
- Deferment & Recapture Reduction Grant Calculator
Also known as "Homeowners Responsibility" in Louisiana this calculator will show you ways to reduce the buy in or the recapture payment you must make to be awarded additional grant funds.
- Terms used by States and HUD.
- How to check your grant award amount.
- How to ask for and calculate deferments to reduce recapture.
- Getting to your Grant Closing when Recapture is in the way.
- Soft Second Loans, who can use them and on what and when?