I need a person to install two 2 ceiling fans that I have purchased. I am still recovering from the 2016...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
All areas within the disaster state are offered assistance under the Hazard Mitigation Grant ProgramMurray Wennerlund
After Hurricane Gustav many had forgot about the HMGP offered by FEMA. By the time Isaac cleanup was over the window to apply for these disasters for elevation and acquisitions were over. Dont miss out on your opportunity to use grants to mitigate damage
The state of Louisiana has outsourced nearly all the recovery processes from the 2016 floods that is making every flood victim look over policy not only once, twice, but weekly for any unannounced changes.
Its difficult enough recovering from a disaster, but even more difficult when the execute order to establish a task force does not have provisions that the task for research and discuss public input. Denied citizen solutions without discussion.
The SBA has more money than any conventional lender to do marketing after a disaster. The SBA can by omission of fact mislead homeowners down the path of serious debt burden and even loan default.
It was announced today, 9-22-2018 that the SBA Fix is in! Yes, finally, those that took the SBA Disaster Loan program federal assistance funds can finally not have their loan calculated as a duplication of benefits once the Governor asks the US President.
Do Not Allow Disaster Stress to cloud your logical thinking and rational thought processes. The SBA will key in on your suffering and make the SBA Disaster Loan sound like a Government Gift Basket.
FEMA has some great media information, but like all glossy handouts, its missing the actual end user experiences and feedback. We never find customer complaints and it's always missing information they just seem to not share with disaster victims.
You should know your AMI percentage to get an idea of what other grants may be available to you in the near future. The IA and IHP FEMA grants are for specific items or components of your home.
FEMA Individual and Households Program IHP Grants explained Part 2 spending for reimbursement earnings.Murray Wennerlund
After you have read part one this is the part that ties it all together. This is from our 2016 Floods and our experience with FEMA Grants and the Duplication of Benefits issue we all face when HUD CDBG-DR grants become available.
North Carolina identify your AMI percentage before taking your first step with FEMA for IA or IHP assistance.Murray Wennerlund
Our experience tells us to identify 2 factors before applying to FEMA for any type of grant award. You MUST apply to FEMA if you plan on asking or using any federal assistance or non profit groups. Applying to be issued an FEMA Disaster Account ID.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA