We have completed our Geotechnical soil analysis and have 3D home design plans completed. Now we need...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
Solution 2 Reconstruction Homeowners Experience and Knowledge gained, researched and documented version 1.4.12Contributor
Homeowners documenting policy and procedures of the Louisiana Homeowners Assistance Program for the great floods of 2016 have completed the next updated revision of the homeowners management guide to Solution 2 construction projects.
Solution 1 Reconstruction Homeowners Experience and Knowledge gained and documented version 184.108.40.206Contributor
Homeowners documenting policy and procedures of the Louisiana Homeowners Assistance Program for the great floods of 2016 have completed the next updated revision of the homeowners management guide to Solution 1 construction projects.
Part III Pay Up or Get Out, Flood Insurance Requirements Homeowners Assistance Program flyer version 3.1Murray Wennerlund
Did the State of Louisiana OCD-DRU forget to inform homeowners and grant recipients the correct amount of NFIP Flood insurance to carry to cover Program Costs? Why did a 30 day notice go out just 30 days after the unannounced policy change of 10-5-2018?
Part II Pay Up or Get Out, You have not provided evidence that you are maintaining sufficient flood insurance.Murray Wennerlund
State of Louisiana OCD-DRU Directors Response to unfair policy enforcement: "...completely incorrect information and statements not based in current law or policy...". The letter that the state sent to flood victims is below. You have 30 days to comply.
State of Louisiana OCD-DRU Directors Response to unfair policy enforcement: "...completely incorrect information and statements not based in current law or policy...". Show related Federal Policy, after all, its hard to trust without transparency.
Notice to provide proof of insurance letters have been sent out to all Restore Homeowner Applicants eligible for Restore Louisiana HUD CDBG-DR Grant funds.
SBA Duplication of Benefits totaling near $55 million for Louisiana alone may have been counted against disaster victims but later changed by the SBA without updating state grantee datafeeds. This issue may also be relevant to other disasters since 2013.
Never again will we second guess technology when we see rain gauges reading 22 or more inches. Never again will we think the river gauges are broken when they stop reporting and we will start thinking the gauges are underwater and its time to leave, now!
Restore LA Contractor IEM Inc. takes flood victims real-time, real-world issues as advice for Policy Change.Contributor
IEM Inc management in the Baton Rouge Recovery call center has taken steps in recent months to investigate how the recovery program policy affects flood victims. IEM Inc. managers joined private Facebook groups to collect homeowners personal information.
IEM Inc. managing long term CDBG-DR disaster recovery fails to send policy change notices to flood victims.Murray Wennerlund
Since being awarded the contract to manage the taxpayer funded long term recovery program provided by HUD and CDBG-DR funds IEM Inc. has failed to keep disaster victims updated to policy and procedural changes. Communications and Transparency fail.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA
Military Heavy Equipment Operators
LA, FL, TX, PR, NC are receiving billions in US taxpayer dollars to mitigate against future flood disasters. We are looking to help your county or parish find the best clearing and dredging people. Contact us about your experience.