Geotechnical Soil Analysis Soil type Compression etc., for new residential construction in Denham Springs LA. 70726...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
Senate Bill 2226 sponsored by Senator Marco Rubio and co-sponsored by Senator John Kennedy, Senator Bill Nelson, Senator John Cornyn and Senator Ted Cruz has directly effected the lives of 230 Louisiana families in a good way! Declined SBA Loan DOB Fix.
Applicability of Updates to Duplication of Benefits Requirements Under the Stafford Act for Community Development Block Grant CDBG Disaster Recovery Grantees
NOTE: Highlighted and linked text is to provide additional resources and to bring your attention to select sections that we have covered in previous months here at Truck And Tools .Com. This is HUDs clarification of Public Laws 115-123 and 115-254.
1,565 Louisiana homeowners may lose nearly $58 million in HUD CDBG-DR grants because they are moving too slow.Murray Wennerlund
Awarded and accepted a Restore LA grant? You must close out on that grant with all required documents by July 31, 2019 or your grant award will be revoked and your recovery will end without federal assistance as ordered by state director Patrick Forbes.
May of 2017 started like any other May with the Third Appropriation Scenarios that seemed logical at the time.Murray Wennerlund
When you review the document published here youll see from the beginning that the program did have a clear mind and was focused on saying they would help as many people as possible. But what happened over the 2017 year that ended hope for many victims?
It was 1953, DR-3, Floods in Louisiana, study shows water runs toward the gulf. Then in the 70s, 80s, water still flows the same direction with ponding along the way. In 1991, engineers hired to study how to dig a ditch 12 miles long asked for more money
This is a series of posts that Ill be sharing designed to maximize your recovery by careful planning and knowing what to do and when to do it.
eGrantsPlus 4.2 Restore Louisiana Homeowner Assistance Program Grant Policy Changes side by side viewContributor
eGrants Award Instructions dont change often but when they do you need to know what changed and you need to read your grant instructions. You may not be aware of all the policy rule changes that may place you as ineligible anytime during your recovery.
In a short quick email just after Congressman Graves announced his first failed attempt at fixing the SBA issue we have the State of Louisiana OCD-DRU and a Task Force member who asked the odds of Washington D.C. helping on this issue. Researched Emails
When Paul Sawyer Chief of Staff at Congressman Garret Graves asks if any FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Funds or any HUD Community Development Block Grant funds can be used on the Congressmans Comite Diversion Canal the efforts are great.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA
You spend countless hours researching disaster recovery for the citizens of your state. You research your state leadership and it's workforce on all matters associated with disaster recovery. You make it your concern to help others by providing much needed information. You take all disaster recovery issues facing homeowners today and make them your Matters Under Review. If this sounds like you, visit Matters Under Review (MUR) for more information.
- Mon. Jul. 6, 2020
- Wed. Jun. 24, 2020