Homeowners are asked to use the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors search to find licensed residential...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
In a short quick email just after Congressman Graves announced his first failed attempt at fixing the SBA issue we have the State of Louisiana OCD-DRU and a Task Force member who asked the odds of Washington D.C. helping on this issue. Researched Emails
When Paul Sawyer Chief of Staff at Congressman Garret Graves asks if any FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Funds or any HUD Community Development Block Grant funds can be used on the Congressmans Comite Diversion Canal the efforts are great.
One legged amputee told by State Office of Community Development you will have no wheelchair walkway to home.Murray Wennerlund
Misty Hopkins received a HUD CDBG-DR Grant for the replacement of her condemned old manufactured home. The new MHU was setup, but the location is 280 feet from any surface she can navigate with her wheelchair. Restore Louisiana says No to wheelchair path.
HUD CDBG-DR Grants will help you with your long term recovery and not add to your current household debt like an SBA Disaster Loan would. Loans from the SBA have to be repaid if taking by a homeowner. Grants do not have to be repaid. Learn the truth.
Design Loads for Residential Buildings.
In the state of Louisiana homeowners required to reconstruct and elevate have had an on going battle with select IEM managers about the proper methods of handling the financing. To date, not a single homeowner in this group has been able to finalize.
Speaking out during the Public Comment period for Action Plan Amendment 11 with focus on "Seed" funding of state projects from Homeowners Assistance grant funds which US Taxpayers funded.
Louisiana State Capitol, House Committee Room 5
Louisiana State Capitol, House Committee Room 5 DRAFTED MINUTES
Homeowner with Zero Grant Award Calculation sent Zero Grant Award Letter with line, "Wait for SBA Bailout Fix"Contributor
Ms. Smith did everything right after the 2016 floods in Louisiana. Her family collected every dime they had, used insurance and took an SBA Disaster loan to rebuild their home. Their home was completed before they leaned about HUD CDBG-DR grants.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA
- Sun. Mar. 15, 2020