Geotechnical Soil Analysis Soil type Compression etc., for new residential construction in Denham Springs LA. 70726...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
The Restore Louisiana Homeowners Program RLHP offers a limited warranty on new construction and home repairs made by the Program contractor Solution 1 only.
Group Advocacy Request Disaster Recovery meeting with Rep. Ryan Bourriaque House Select Committee DRContributor
We need your assistance and advocacy in getting the word to the House Select Committee on Disaster Recovery managed by Ryan Joseph Bourriaque a State Representative, Republican for District 47. We you have time would you call, email or both for us in LA.
HUD sent a strong message to the Louisiana Governor, DOA and OCD-DRU regarding the poorly crafted hardship criteria that the state claimed would help nearly 4,227 families that make over 120 percent AMI pay off or reduce their SBA Loan and Housing debt.
35 months later the Louisiana Office of Community Development, Disaster Recovery Unit asks HUD to use interim housing funds as a reimbursable activity for homeowners with mortgages of substantially damaged, condemned, or otherwise uninhabitable homes.
Full and Partial loan amounts by category: You must request from the SBA a breakdown of your loan. Structural repair or replacement of real estate and contents, non-structural.
We have been very silent for many years and worked the best we could with state agencies and department heads to resolve issues within the disaster programs managed by local and state government. Things have now changed and require more proactive efforts.
August 2019 an estimated 55 homeowners had their grants rescinded for not completing paperwork on time.Murray Wennerlund
55 families, 55 homes not constructed in the state of Louisiana to replace the condemned and substantially damaged homes from the historical floods of 2016 because the homeowners were not able to find professionals in the state to do the work needed.
You have been busy with all your duties and responsibilities, we get it. Flood Victims of the 2016 floods just what to bring your attention to one simple fact. We are still working our disaster recovery as best we can with what we are are offered.
The Watershed Citizens Watchdog Group introduces the newest federal grant program offered by HUD, CDBG-MITWriters Pool
HUD CDBG-MIT Watershed Initiatives are designed to assist state government floodplain management with federal taxpayer dollars to protect the citizens and property in the state to which the grant awards were given.
After 3 years do you believe IEM Inc leadership in Disaster Recovery is focused on the disaster victims?Writers Pool
Questioning leaders and their roles when they touch our lives is what we Americans do. We typically dont say anything until it directly impacts our lives or or families lives. When it does we need to combine our voices to a single loud roar for change.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA
Trade Contractors Wanted!
We are looking for Skilled Trade Contractors for remodeling, repair, reconstruction and new construction of residential homes. You must be willing to work at 20% overhead / commission. Contact us today!.