We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA
SBA Disaster Loans are marketed like no conventional lender could ever market a loan.Murray Wennerlund
The SBA has more money than any conventional lender to do marketing after a disaster. The SBA can by omission of fact mislead homeowners down the path of serious debt burden and even loan default.
Is this the answer to SBA Loans HR 302 Vote 9-24-2018 SEC. 1210. DUPLICATION OF BENEFITSMurray Wennerlund
It was announced today, 9-22-2018 that the SBA Fix is in! Yes, finally, those that took the SBA Disaster Loan program federal assistance funds can finally not have their loan calculated as a duplication of benefits once the Governor asks the US President.
SBA Disaster Loan Program explained by disaster victimsMurray Wennerlund
Do Not Allow Disaster Stress to cloud your logical thinking and rational thought processes. The SBA will key in on your suffering and make the SBA Disaster Loan sound like a Government Gift Basket.
What to expect when you register with FEMA after your disaster from a homeowners point of view.Murray Wennerlund
FEMA has some great media information, but like all glossy handouts, its missing the actual end user experiences and feedback. We never find customer complaints and it's always missing information they just seem to not share with disaster victims.
South Carolina Identify your AMI percentage before applying with FEMA for IA or IHPMurray Wennerlund
You should know your AMI percentage to get an idea of what other grants may be available to you in the near future. The IA and IHP FEMA grants are for specific items or components of your home.
FEMA Individual and Households Program IHP Grants explained Part 2 spending for reimbursement earnings.Murray Wennerlund
After you have read part one this is the part that ties it all together. This is from our 2016 Floods and our experience with FEMA Grants and the Duplication of Benefits issue we all face when HUD CDBG-DR grants become available.
North Carolina identify your AMI percentage before taking your first step with FEMA for IA or IHP assistance.Murray Wennerlund
Our experience tells us to identify 2 factors before applying to FEMA for any type of grant award. You MUST apply to FEMA if you plan on asking or using any federal assistance or non profit groups. Applying to be issued an FEMA Disaster Account ID.
FEMA Individual and Households Program IHP Grants explained Part 1 of 2Murray Wennerlund
FEMA may have awarded you up to 30,000 in Individual and Households grants called IHP and they may have listed that this grant is for Home Repairs. Your letter will say home repairs and you might think everything in your home is repairable, right?
Appeal FEMA inspector verified loss determination. You need $8,000 in damages to qualify for HUD CBDG-DR GrantMurray Wennerlund
Appeal FEMA using these two sample pages and documents to write your appeal to FEMA and your states CDBG-DR for those that have not been allowed into the program because of the FVL FEMA Verified Loss being below 8,000 or 12" of water.
5 weeks into recovery Sept. 28, 2016 LOUISIANA TASK FORCE Ms. Suzie Elkins tells the True SBA story to membersWriters Pool
When you depend on government to share information that is vital for your disaster recovery planning be sure to start listening to your intelligent, knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy, caring local government officials like [ENTER MYSTICAL NAME HERE]