FedEx Expedited delivery with signature required by merchant could delay your projects.
Published June 27 2021 updated July 9 2021 4 min. 17 seconds read
When you order products that require signature collection by FedEx Expedited Services you may end up being a victim of corporate required delivery time tables or just employees that take their jobs as a way to pass the time of day.
Why haven't you created a membership?
It costs nothing to create a membership with TruckAndTools.Com. With a membership you can browse research documents and get a weekly update sent directly to you. >> Click here to become a TruckAndTools.Com member today!
"We can make more deliveries if we skip residential deliveries that require signatures."
Not once, not twice, but three times! FedEx of Denham Springs Louisiana has provided another opportunity for a FedEx delivery driver to not do their job so they look better on reports at the end of the week.
When a delivery driver stops at the end of the street, logs that you were not home they have successfully completed their job duty according to FedEx corporate policy. But when the video evidence shows a different story FedEx Corporation takes a "We didn't do anything wrong." approach.
"Delivery Exception" Not home, incorrect address. You can call the complaint department until your battery runs dry its not going to change a thing.
The package will be listed "Out for delivery" then back for customer pickup without ever leaving the HUB. This practice is so clearly documented by videos we wonder if FedEx isn't actually requiring pickup for signature packages and just not selling the service as what it actually is.
In typical businesses they would look at the driver as a fraud. If you say you attempted delivery and you were 110 feet from the driveway and never actually stepped out of the delivery truck you then lied about the attempted delivery. This type of employee costs the merchant and the customer time which is their money. FedEx isn't losing anything and its most likely very few ever report this type of activity. Many would simply pickup the package that was never intended to be delivered to the actual shipping address. But we are not your typical customers and we are the type that will tell you to "Do your job."
This "Man in the Middle" delivery fraud FedEx provides to end users or customers of online merchants can only be blamed on management responsible for the drivers actions or inaction.
If FedEx was in the pizza delivery business they would be very successful with the delivery exception, no one home, please pickup your pizza approach.
Because we have documented this activity enough to no longer purchase from merchants that use FedEx Expedited Services we wonder if this fraud is committed against others.
The FedEx business model is broken at the door to door delivery level and needs to be fixed with people willing to "Do their job."
You can't sugar coat this issue, employee theft, interstate commerce fraud, bad management, improper or lack of corporate oversight. It's a breeding ground for corrupt activities.
Let's detail one such occurrence with a Denham Springs Louisiana FedEx delivery driver.
Video 1 above is the exception "1:10 PM Customer Not Available Or Business Closed BATON ROUGE, LA". You'll see 3 driveways and no FedEx employee exiting their truck to venture toward the front door of any home near the actual deliver address.
FedEx Expedited Delivery to Denham Springs Louisiana
Tracking Number: 516246734442
Day 1: Monday, June 21, 2021
- 1:36 PM B&H Shipped FLORENCE, NJ
- 2:33 PM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
Day 2: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- 8:34 AM Departed FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
- 10:03 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
- 2:06 PM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
- 8:18 PM At destination sort facility KENNER, LA
Day 3: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- 7:37 AM At FedEx destination BATON ROUGE, LA
- 9:06 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery BATON ROUGE, LA
- 1:10 PM Customer Not Available Or Business Closed BATON ROUGE, LA
[See Video of Drivers attempted delivery]
- 7:29 PM At FedEx destination BATON ROUGE, LA
Day 4: Thursday, June 24, 2021
- 7:56 AM At FedEx destination BATON ROUGE, LA
- 8:53 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery BATON ROUGE, LA
- 6:06 PM Incorrect Address BATON ROUGE, LA
[NO FEDEX TRUCK ON STREET THAT DAY]
- 6:53 PM Redirecting Shipment Per Customer Request DENHAM SPRINGS, LA
- 7:39 PM At FedEx destination BATON ROUGE, LA
Day 5: Friday, June 25, 2021
(Called B&H Customer Support who called FedEx to attempt delivery)
- 7:49 AM At FedEx destination BATON ROUGE, LA [Status before call to B&H]
- 8:56 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery BATON ROUGE, LA
[Status after call to B&H. It appears this was entered into the computer for a status update but in my opinion it was never loaded on a truck.]
- 5:36 PM At local facility BATON ROUGE, LA
- 5:37 PM Ready for pickup DENHAM SPRINGS, LA
Day 12: Friday, July 2, 2021
- 9:16 AM FedEx Walmart Division in Denham Springs LA. updated notes: "Delivery exception Unable to hold at location for recipient pickup."
Day 16: Tuesday, July 6, 2021
- 8:46 AM Returning package to shipper Return tracking number 774179438778 (BATON ROUGE, LA)
Day 17: Tuesday, July 7, 2021
- 9:25 AM MEMPHIS, TN Arrived at FedEx location
- 6:19 PM MEMPHIS, TN Departed FedEx location
- 9:25 PM NEWARK, NJ Arrived at FedEx location
Day 18: Thursday, July 8, 2021
- Delivered at 1:24 pm signed for by: J.OSE
- Product returned by FedEx to B&H.
Military Heavy Equipment Operators
LA, FL, TX, PR, NC are receiving billions in US taxpayer dollars to mitigate against future flood disasters. We are looking to help your county or parish find the best clearing and dredging people. Contact us about your experience.