We publish stories with the intent to help others that follow in our post disaster footprints.
Disaster victims often do not want to relive the ordeal but many that have just became victims or have been searching for answers may learn from your experiences of disasters long past. It is our goal to share with others so we all may rebuild and recover faster. Sharing experiences, post disaster experiences, from cleanup to rebuilding and all points in between. Let's document the processes each victim had to complete after the Presidential Disaster Declaration or the Emergency Declaration has been signed into action.
- We require 600-2400 words.
If you require additional space consider making two or more submissions which we will group together if possible.
- Must have 2 or more pictures that have not been reduced in size or edited to change meta information.
- Must have strong argument about issues that you have experienced.
- You must have researched each issue, point of interest or experience declared and offer resources or sources to provide a solid foundation and weight to your experience.
- Do not cite or copy journalists, editorials or the opinions of others. This is your experience only.
- You allow us exclusive use of your experience article to share with all who are willing to republish your experience in it's entirety without edits or omissions.
- We will take no longer than 10 working days to review and accept your experience article.
- If we feel editing is needed we will return the article to you with notes.
Our goal is to publish everyone's disaster experience.
- Include your experience article in an email, a document attached to an email or our website form.
- Include your disaster record number (DR), name (First,Last), street address, city, state, zip, phone, and email address.
We will use your personal information to verify your disaster experience. We will exclude your name from your article and only reference the DR number. Otherwise you must tell us you would like to release your name with your article and then clearly state what personal information you would like included in your by line.