You recently registered with FEMA for assistance with your disaster losses
- By: Writers_Pool (Contributor)
- 66 views
- Location: LA
- DR Date: 9/13/2016
- Published: 4-19-2018
- Updated: 4-19-2018
- Disaster: Floods and flash floods
- Dept.: SBA Loans
- Sba index
You were told that you had to apply for a SBA Loan to be eligible for possible grants from FEMA. They may have mentioned Vehicle Grants, Home Repair Grants or any number of grants that only FEMA offered but you had to apply for a SBA Loan first.
U.S. Small Business Administration
Processing and Disbursement Center
14925 Kingsport Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76155
You recently registered with FEMA for assistance with your disaster losses. You were referred to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SB) for possible disaster loan assistance. Disaster loans from the SBA are the Federal government's primary form of long-term recovery assistance for homeowners, renter and businesses of all sizes for the long-term repair and rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property, including homes and personal property and business losses.
In order to be considered for SBA diasater loan assistance you must first apply with SBA. If SBA cannot approve a loan you may be referred to FEMA for possible grant assistance. Please note SBA cannot refer you to grant program unless you apply for an SBA diaster loan.
SBA offers three convenient ways to apply:
- On-Line -- You can apply on-line by completing the loan application found at: disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ . This is the simplest and quickest way to apply for an SBA disaster loan.
- In-person -- You can apply for SBA assistance in-person at any of the Disaster Recovery Centers located in your area. At the Disaster Recovery Centers, SBA representatives are available to give you one-on-one assistance in completing the application. Location information is available online at http://www.sba.gov/content/current-disaster-declarations. Your local media will also provide information on locations and times.
- By Mail -- You can apply for SBA disaster loan assistance by requesting an application be mailed to you. In order to request a loan application by mail, please call 1-877-431-2063 and refer to the SBA Application Number shown above.
SBA loans cover disaster losses that are not covered by insurance or recoveries from other sources. It is not necessary for you to wait for your insurance settlement before applying with SBA. It is important that you apply before the application filing dealine shown above.
SBA representatives are available to help you. You may call SBA toll-free at 800-659-2955 for help in completing the loan application or to get information about the nearest Disaster Recovery Center.