2008 Honda CRV AC shuts off after about 20 minutes in traffic or when idling. Temps for engine are all within...
We are sharing with you our experiences with the federal disaster assistance agencies. We'll guide you the best we can. We'll attempt to update our guidance promptly when homeowners report changes to federal and state programs.
As new policy is created and old policy is updated or eliminated we'll bring changes to programs to your attention.
We have several grassroots programs which can help you if you interact with them. Don't think for a moment recovery will come knocking on your door. You have to go out and make it happen.
We'll help you build your advocacy group as well as help you with becoming a positive change activist.
Some groups you might be interested in.
- Restore LA Program Info Exchange Focus: HUD CDBG-DR Grants, State Grantees, SBA DOB related to HUD Grants. Focus on HUD Recovery Grants and local state policies.
(Private Facebook.Com Group in Louisiana all are welcome.)
- Stop FEMA Now Focus: FEMA Recovery efforts, SBA Disaster Loans, Long term recovery focus on Super storm Sandy Victims. (Public Facebook.Com Group based out of New Jersey.)
- SBA Disaster Recovery Loans Learn who should not apply. Learn what the SBA will do to approve you. Learn about low income homeowners without credit being offered loans by using their homes as collateral. Learn the truth about the SBA lending practices and how some homeowners would never be able to repay the loan.
(National group focused on SBA Disaster Loans and what the true costs are.)
- Homeowner - Contractor Focus: Helping Homeowners self contract and manage their own hiring and firing of workers to get the job of recovery completed. We share our experiences and share our processes.
(Public Facebook.Com Group for homeowners managing their construction projects)
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA) Focus: Disaster Feedback in relationship to Congressional Representatives actions for better recovery processes. This is a mix of federal policy with homeowners feedback related to federal disaster recovery policy.
Proposed / Needed Groups:
- State of XX HUD CDGB-DR Grantee: We need individuals that have time to administrate and moderate local groups focused on your state agencies that distribute HUD CDBG-DR grants. We will assist you with your setup and help you keep up with HUD policy as well as forecast what move your state will make within the program. We'll teach you how to be your states "Watchdog" to reduce government waste and to help guard against fraud against the American Taxpayers.
(Groups by state for HUD CDBG-DR Grant award assistance. Groups need to form before FEMA - SBA applicants are started.
You should know your AMI percentage to get an idea of what other grants may be available to you in the near future. The IA and IHP FEMA grants are for specific items or components of your home.
FEMA Individual and Households Program IHP Grants explained Part 2 spending for reimbursement earnings.Murray Wennerlund
After you have read part one this is the part that ties it all together. This is from our 2016 Floods and our experience with FEMA Grants and the Duplication of Benefits issue we all face when HUD CDBG-DR grants become available.
North Carolina identify your AMI percentage before taking your first step with FEMA for IA or IHP assistance.Murray Wennerlund
Our experience tells us to identify 2 factors before applying to FEMA for any type of grant award. You MUST apply to FEMA if you plan on asking or using any federal assistance or non profit groups. Applying to be issued an FEMA Disaster Account ID.
FEMA may have awarded you up to 30,000 in Individual and Households grants called IHP and they may have listed that this grant is for Home Repairs. Your letter will say home repairs and you might think everything in your home is repairable, right?
Appeal FEMA inspector verified loss determination. You need $8,000 in damages to qualify for HUD CBDG-DR GrantMurray Wennerlund
Appeal FEMA using these two sample pages and documents to write your appeal to FEMA and your states CDBG-DR for those that have not been allowed into the program because of the FVL FEMA Verified Loss being below 8,000 or 12" of water.
5 weeks into recovery Sept. 28, 2016 LOUISIANA TASK FORCE Ms. Suzie Elkins tells the True SBA story to membersWriters Pool
When you depend on government to share information that is vital for your disaster recovery planning be sure to start listening to your intelligent, knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy, caring local government officials like [ENTER MYSTICAL NAME HERE]
When more than one request for information regarding rules and policy of boards and commissions went unanswered, we were forced to bring into question if the Louisiana Task Force was breaking Public Input policy as shown in JBE-2016-65.
Disaster declaration State of California amended to include the following area among those areas determined to have been adversely affected by the disaster DR-4382 Lake County for Individual Assistance. Learn what is important from a homeowners opinion.
Disaster declaration for the State of Texas DR-4332, dated August, 2017. We have been helping many of you regarding your FEMA to SBA loan assistance. We know what you are facing and have been fighting nearly the same battle to correct the SBA issue
Disaster declaration for the State of Texas DR-4377, dated July 6, 2018. Amended to include the following area Jim Wells County for Individual Assistance. Review your FEMA to SBA referral very carefully and before you apply to the SBA know what to expect.
Index Sub Menu
NOTE: If your state has not been setup, please view Louisiana for disaster recovery information.
- AMERICAN SAMOA
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- PUERTO RICO
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- VIRGIN ISLANDS
- WEST VIRGINIA